Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Claudia Murphy's trip to Manchester England and the Lake District






My husband Aidan and I went to visit his family in Manchester for my sister-in-law’s wedding. What a great trip! I had not been home with him since we got married in 1995…they keep coming here. I’ve traveled quite a bit in my years as an agent but on this occasion I got to see things not as a tourist but as a “local”. My father-in-law took me to Old Trafford where Manchester United plays and where my husband played when he was a professional footballer. It was awesome because I got to go behind the scenes where the normal tours don’t take you. Next, we visited a local chippy for fish and chips…love it! One of the best meals I had while I was there. After the wedding we all packed up and went to Lake Windermere in Bowness. I saw some of the most beautiful countryside I had ever seen. We took the ferry to Ambleside and walked the cobblestone streets then drove to Keswick and ate in a local pub. Drank lots of wine and had a great time with the family. When we got back to Manchester we had lunch at a tapas restaurant at the Trafford Center…I’ve been to Mall of the America’s in Minneapolis and the Trafford Center is close to being as large as Mall of the America’s. Our last day we went to Bury Market…similar to our farmer’s markets but with so much more! The scariest part of the trip…I drove my in-laws car! Didn’t have a hard time driving on the left hand side but having to change gears with my left hand proved to be quite challenging! I’m looking forward to our next trip to Manchester!

No comments:

Post a Comment